- 500-750g of mixed mushrooms (I used chanterelles and chestnut, although shiitake would be great as well)
- 1 tbsp odourless coconut oil
- 1 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 900 ml organic vegetable stock
- 1 can white beans (cannellini, butter, navy)
- a couple sprigs of fresh rosemary, plus some for garnish
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- truffle or cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric (optional if you’d like to boost your immune system even more)
Warm coconut oil in a medium pot. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes until soft.
Clean the mushrooms gently, slice them and add them to the pot along with the rosemary and garlic. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Keep a handful of mushrooms on the side for the garnish at the end.
You can now add the broth and simmer for 20 minutes. Try to remove the rosemary sprigs.
Add the drained cannellini beans and blend until smooth and velvety. You may need to add stock or a little water to get the consistency you prefer. Season to taste.
Garnish with some sautéed mushrooms, fresh rosemary sprigs and a drizzle of truffle oil. Enjoy!