- 1 kg pumpkin or butternut squash, (deseeded and chopped 720 g)
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cm root grated ginger
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime juice, fresh sprouts or fresh coriander, to serve
Heat the oil and sauté the onions over low heat until soft. This will take about 5 minutes.
Next, add the chilli, garlic and ginger with a pinch of salt and some fresh ground pepper.
Cook gently for 5 mins, then add the pumpkin, stock and coconut milk.
Bring to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer for 30 mins.
Pour into a blender and blend until smooth.
Check the seasoning and serve with sprouts or chopped fresh coriander and lime juice.