- 1 butternut squash, chopped in 1 inch chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped in 1 inch chunks
- 4 leeks, sliced thinly
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 250g pitted prunes
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or minced
- 1 tbsp odorless coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 red chili, finely chopped
- 900 ml organic vegetable stock
- 2 large handful of baby spinach
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- a bunch of fresh coriander to garnish
Preheat oven at 180C
Heat coconut oil in a medium pot and sauté the onions for 5 minutes until soft. Add garlic, ginger, spices and the chopped vegetables. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the chickpeas and prunes.
Put the tagine in an ovenproof dish and cover with 900ml of vegetable stock. Cook for an hour until the vegetables are tender and the broth is fully absorbed. If you stir, do it carefully so the vegetables don’t get crushed.
Serve with brown rice or quinoa and a dollop of guacamole or plain organic yoghurt.
Add a large handful of baby spinach and mix it with the vegetables. Garnish with fresh coriander. Enjoy!