- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp curry powder (I used Goan Xacuti from Seasoned Pioneers)
- 2 tbsp fresh/grated ginger
- 1 eggplant
- 300g green beans
- 2 red chillies seeded and sliced
- 2 cans organic coconut milk
- 2 monkfish tails, or cod or halibut cut into pieces
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- fresh coriander, to serve
Add coconut oil to a wok. Add the mustard seeds, onions and cook for 8-10 minutes until onions become soft and golden.
Slice the eggplant and add to the wok. Cook for 5-8 minutes until eggplant softens. Add a dash of water if needed. Add the turmeric, curry powder and ginger.
Separately, steam the green beans for 15 minutes.
Add the chillies, and pour coconut oil on top. Cook for 8-10 mins.
Add monkfish and cook it on very low heat until flesh turns white (the fish is soft but cooked inside) yet remains soft. It takes approximately 5-8 minutes.
Add the green beans to the curry, stir well, season to taste. Top up with fresh coriander and serve it with red, wild, brown rice or quinoa. Enjoy!