For the marinade
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp ginger puree
- 2 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
For the fish
- 1 monkfish tail, or cod or halibut cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 cups organic coconut milk
- 2 red chilies seeded and sliced
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- fresh coriander, to serve
For the vegetables
- stir fry vegetables and/or
- a bunch of broccoli and/or 400 grs of green beans
For the marinade, mix the coconut oil, ginger, crushed fennel seeds, turmeric and monkfish together. Set aside and marinate for a couple of hours or overnight.
Heat the coconut oil in a wok and add the mustard seeds. Cook until they pop. Add the onions and cook until golden. Add the fish and cook on high heat for a couple minutes then pour the coconut milk, the remaining marinade and sliced red chilies.
Cook on low heat for 10 min until the fish is soft but cooked inside.
Stir fry some vegetables or steam some broccoli or/ and green beans and add them all up to the fish curry. Serve with brown basmati rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa. Top up with coriander leaves. Enjoy!